Download these 19+ Free Meeting Minutes Templates to assist you in preparing and printing your own Meeting Minutes Forms or Sheets. Meeting are essential part of business life, effective meetings are a way to bring improvement in performance, deciding new plans, tasks and achievement of goals. Meeting minutes or protocols are supportive for creating effective meetings as they are a record of the meeting. The whole event is recorded in meeting minutes and usually initiated with list of participants; afterwards it included the list of issues discussed and decisions taken over them.
Importance of Meeting Minutes Templates
Meeting minutes are important for different reasons some of them are as follows.
- These are a written record of meeting, its agenda and decisions so become a significant resource for those who did not attend the meeting and for further communication between members
- There is a chance of error in remembering of all the details of meeting as memories fly by night so it is valuable having a written record of meeting for a better assistance in implementation of decisions and further meetings.
- Meeting minutes are proved a good communication instrument for conveying the product of meeting to the absent workers.
- Meeting minutes confirm resolutions and conclusions of meeting
- These are a way to record decided actions to be taken for any issue
- Meeting minutes keep record of responsible persons and tasks assigned to them
- These present a record of course of action of meeting and its conclusion
- Meeting minutes contains summary of discussion on very agenda item
- Decisions taken on different issues are recorded in meeting minutes
- In meetings of board of directors taking minutes is an official requirement to keep everything clear in future and can be used as legal documents for the tax and audit purposes
- Meeting minutes have a record of action decided for different item that helps to observe progress on them in regular group meetings
By keeping in view, the importance of meeting minutes organizations makes arrangements for taking minutes to make their meetings effective. For this purpose, usually a person is assigned responsibility to take minutes before meeting. It is a skilled job for the minute’s taker has to observe all the discussion of meeting whether it is perplexing and incoherent debate he has to summarize it correctly what is said. Minutes are usually verified with chairperson for conforming accuracy and move through the attendees or any other person affected by any decision taken in the meeting.
Meeting Minutes Guidelines
Considering the importance of meeting minutes following points must be focused to make them more effective.
- Date and time of meeting along with names of participants should be included
- Perfect summary of discussion, key ideas, proposals and substitutes for complex matters must be mentioned
- Meeting minutes must represent the decisions taken during meeting and any issue which is discussed during meeting
- It must include any follow up coursework and in charge person with the deadline for action
- Meeting minutes’ copy must be delivered to all relevant persons for a better follow up, these copies can also be passed to higher authorities
Free Meeting Minutes Templates
Here are several free Meeting Minutes Templates in MS Word format so that anyone can easily take notes during a meeting session.
Professional Meeting Minutes Template
If you prefer a relative simple yet professional layout then here is a Meeting Minutes Template for you. You can input enough details regarding your meeting and also can fill-in Agenda Topics before start of actual meeting.
Workshops Meeting Minutes Template
Following Meeting Minutes Template is really good for large meetings such as workshops or official seminars.
Basic Minutes of Meeting Template
Simple yet Professional Minutes of Meeting Template that anyone can easily use without learning too much about taking minutes in a business meeting.
Minutes of School Meeting Template
Checkout this wonderful Minutes of School Meeting Template that can help you to take notes while conducting a Parent-Teacher meeting in your school.
Contractor Safety Meeting Minutes Template
Here is a particular Meeting Minutes for Contractor Safety Meeting Minutes.
Student Support Team Meeting Template
Checkout this Sample Student Support Team Meeting template that can easily help you to create your own Form easily.
Committee Meeting Minutes Template
Download this Committee Meeting Minutes Template to conduct and record your committee meeting either monthly or on annual basis.
Project Meeting Minutes Template
Meeting are frequently conducted during a Project Working. It is also very critical to keep track of your previous meetings and their outcomes. Such as corrective or productive decisions and then you need to track them by followups. Following Meeting Minutes Template can help you do it correctly and effectively.
Taking Meeting Minutes Effectively
Meeting minutes are very important and crucial for success of all kinds of meetings. Meeting minutes are official record of meeting that tells you what was discussed in meeting. Basically, minutes are used to document the words that lead up to the decisions being made with respect to any business issue.
Meeting minutes are record of important decisions that ensures that meeting committee has taken important decisions regarding business issues to let them resolve as soon as possible.
Effectively taking meeting minutes might be somewhat tricky task for you if you don’t have idea what format should be of this document and what should be the role of minute taker.
Knowing about these facts can work well for you in order to take meeting minutes in a structured form that will further help you finalizing your meeting results. Meeting minutes’ format is usually followed by company’s policy and these minutes are recorded in pre-determined way. If you are new to your company and don’t know what format you have to follow, you can ask for meeting minutes of previous meeting so that you can establish a normal meeting minute format for your upcoming meeting.
Second very important thing that can help you for taking meeting minutes effectively is the role of minute taker. Being a minute taker you must have good interaction during meeting, your lose interaction with meeting participants can give you fruitless results. It is commonly seen that secretaries normally sit quietly during meetings and just take notes, but actively participating in meeting and giving valuable suggestions during discussions will be a good practice.
For taking meeting minutes it is always very important that your minutes’ document is written in well structured form. Its format will help you understanding what you have noted and points will be easy to understand for you. You must have to follow a standard meeting minutes’ template that should contain time, date and venue.
Attendees and apologies from absentees must be added on your meeting minutes’ page. What decision has been made with reference of which issue and agreed actions with key outcomes from the meeting must be written in your minutes’ document. Adding these points will make your meeting minutes’ document complete and more effective for taking further decisions for improving the productivity of your organization.
After noting down meeting minutes, next step is to keeping a check on spellings if you think that you do mistakes while writing. Before finalizing your document and submitting it to final authorities, having spell check would be a good practice and will help you avoiding any shame in front of your boss. If your minutes are written in well structured and organized form, they will always be welcomed and will have good impression of you.
If you will practice these points for taking meeting minutes, it will not only increase quality of further meetings but will also help you increasing your team’s effectiveness. You will surely become able to make your meetings more effective and productive if you will take meeting minutes effectively.