The purpose statement contains the summary of the specific topic and goals of the document, therefore, it is known as a declarative statement. The purpose statement is an opportunity to define the vision and mission of the company. You should provide details about the infrastructure of the company and its history. The summary of the key points and goals will work well to clear the picture of the target market. A purpose statement is really important and beneficial to keep you focused on your goals. You have to remain straight while writing a purpose statement. Always stay organized and look ahead, but keep your document well organized. As you have to explain your point of view attractively and professionally.
Tips to Write Purpose Statement for Business:
A purpose statement is an essential business document, and the following are some tips to write a perfect purpose statement for your business:
- In the first step, you have to decide what your business will do. Identify your business and its activities and your ideas to do the business. Write the name of the owner and the purpose behind the business. Clearly explain what the business will do in the long run and how it will happen. Make a concise and easy-to-understand summary.
- Write the mission of your business to identify the main reason for the existence of your business. You have to engage some valuable ideas for the short-term and long-term goals to make your ideal business. It is important to have some realistic goals to get success and increase the morale of employees. The goals should be challenging enough to strengthen the reputation and endurance of your company.
- Do not forget to define the vision of your business to explain what your business is trying to achieve and what you are concerned about most. It will prove helpful to understand what the business aspires to become. It will drive the business in the right direction and you will be able to achieve your long-term goals by pursuing different challenges. Brainstorm all achievable goals in your mind and put your thoughts on paper.
- Put everything in the short form to grab the attention of the reader and to set you apart from your competitors. A precisely written statement will help you to grab the attention of the target audience. You have to explain the values and objectives of the company in one or two sentences.
Highlights of the Purpose of Statement:
- The purpose of the statement should be specific, instead of general, broad, and obscure.
- It should be concise enough and every section should be explained in one to two sentences.
- It should be clear instead of vague, confusing, and ambiguous.
- Keep it goal-oriented and write different terms to get the desired outcomes.
Some Common Phrases to include:
- The purpose of this document, paper, or letter is to……
- In this paper, I will explain, review, or describe the……
- My reason for stating this is…………………
- The paper will discuss the…………..
- The purpose of this paper is twofold: to_______ and ____________
Free Purpose Statement Templates
Download the Free Purpose Statement Template that can easily help you to prepare your Purpose Statement effectively.