A statement of work serves as a blueprint for any business and technology related projects. The document is designed to elaborate the scope of the job and the time required to complete this job. The Statement of Work can be difficult to write, but you have to include complete details in it to save your time and complete your work with perfection. The statement should be comprehensive and concise with complete details according to the needs of contractor. The statement of work should contain enough details without any room for interpretation. It can be challenging to write a perfect statement of work according to the needs of project, but it is important for the successful completion of venture.
Tips to Write Statement of Work:
Following are some tips that may help you to write an accurate statement of work for the successful and timely completion of a project:
- In the first step, it is important to write the background to explain the need and importance of the project for the organization. Few short paragraphs are enough to concisely convey the implementation of a project and its needs for the organization along with the benefits of the company attached to this project.
- The next step will be the scope of writing a work statement to layout all major activities within the continuation of the project to conveniently convey the expectations with the project to all stakeholders. For instance, if you got the project to develop a new technology system, but not to conduct training of end-users required for the use of the new technology, you have to explain it in the statement of work.
- Do not forget to write the summary of the main project deliverable, including both intermediate milestone and end result. For instance, in the technology project, the deliverable will be the system prototype, user certification, post-production support and production system.
- Prepare a summary of the cost and planned estimates for the project. Write the details about realistic expectations of the stakeholders regarding budget and the timelines. This section is important to answer the significant questions related to the project management, including total cost of the project and the outcomes of the project and the delivery time.
- It is important to give the details of all risks and constraints in the way of the successful and on-time completion of project within your budget. For instance, if a member of the project management has to perform full-time responsibility for his role in the organization, it can be a constraint on the project due to the intensive commitment of a single person.
- It is important to settle the success criteria for your project in advance. The success criteria can be settled by client, or by the computer. For instance, in a technology project, the success criterion of the project is a certain level of system up-time.
- Do not forget to get an agreement statement for the work from all stakeholders. Usually, the key personnel of the company take part in the client and company meeting.
Free Statement of Work Templates
Download all these Free Statement of Work Templates that can easily help you to prepare your own Statement of Work Template effectively.
This is another useful Statement of Work Template that can also assist you in the process of Quality Assurance. A detailed report like this can enable you to communicate your Work Policy in a very clear way.
Here is a good looking Statement of Work Template which is ISO-9002 Compliant and can assist you in GAP Analysis as well. You can easily download it form the link bellow after the preview thumbnail.
Yet another professional Statement of Work Template that can allows you to provide enough details related to your Work Quality Policy.
Checkout following Generic Statement of Work Templates to properly document your own Work Statement Template. This SOW is quite helpful if you are planning to document your work procedure and might be looking forward for an ISO Certification.
Here is an official Work Statement Template that can enable you to prepare your own document quickly and effectively. After studying this template, anyone can easily come up with a professional SOW.
Another comprehensive Statement of Work Template that can be used as a standard baseline to come up with your own version. It includes sections such as Background Introduction, Description of Work Performed by Supplier etc.
By following this Sample Statement of Work, you can replace the contents with your own actual details and hence a SOW is ready for you. It also covers Project Management Process as well as Issues and Risk Management.
Sometimes you are on the run and need some quick template or format to print your own document. Here is one such Statement of Work Template in a brief way to express your Statement of Work in a much less time. A Short SOW is actually much needed in small to medium scale organizations. Hence importance of following SOW Template is vital and critical to the concerned staff.
Here is another good Statement of Work Template that allows you to list down all standard items that one such document should include. This template is a starting-point for a typical Statement of Work. Due to the wide range of subcontracted supplies that may be requisitioned, this template can only be a guide and may need substantial modification. Guidance notes have been added at the beginning of sections, where appropriate to emphasis important points.
The Statement of Work (SOW) is a document which describes the scope of work required to complete a specific project. It is a formal document and must be agreed upon by all parties involved. In order to be effective, the SOW must contain an appropriate level of detail so all parties clearly understand what work is required, the duration of the work involved.
Another short and brief Sample Format for Statement of Work to create a professional Work Statement in as less as possible time.
Still looking for more options to explore before starting to prepare your own Statement of Work? Here is another unique template to assist you.