Here are 18+ Free Vendor Oriented Software License Agreement Templates to help you draft your own License Agreement easily. Moreover, you can also check out our post on Partnership Agreement Templates.
When a software development company wants to allow the legal use of software in the market, he issues the legal license for the use of the software. The license can be of any type and the limits can also change as per vendor and software type. The agreement between the vendor and software owner for oriented software licensing is known as the vendor oriented software license agreement.
With this agreement, the vendor doesn’t need to pay for the software except the rent or usage fee. Where the original rights and ownership of the software belongs to the company or primary owner.
Brief Description of Vendor Oriented Software License Agreement:
When a software development company develops a software program. Most of the time, clients want to purchase it with all legal rights and ownership. So that they can use it as they require in their business. But, it is also a fact that if you want to buy the software with all legal rights and full ownership. You will have to pay a huge amount to the developer.
In this situation, when companies want the software but don’t want to pay for the high value. They just lend it or get it on lease. This is a common process in which a vendor approaches a software development company. They asks them to give him lease rights for using the software as a legal user without paying excessive costs.
If they mutually agree on terms and conditions, the developer provides user license to the vendor with oriented software rights that include the client is a legal licensee of the software and he has the right to use it up to some limitations and under jurisdictions defined by the developer. The agreement that the both partners sign in order to complete the license process is known as the vendor oriented software license agreement and it includes mostly the terms and conditions about the use of the software by the vendor along with duration to renew the license and compensation to pay to the developer in return for lending the software.
Key Elements of Vendor Oriented Software License Agreement:
- Name of the company/software provider/owner of the software program
- Name of the licensee/client/ individual or company that will lend the software
- Details of the software to be lend to the client
- Specifications of the software i.e. use, repair, maintenance, recovery etc
- Compensation/rent offered by the client to the software owner
- Payment schedules for the compensation/rent
- Duration of lending the software
- Limitations to use and operate the software for the client/lender
- Rights, responsibilities and obligations of both parties
- Warranties offered by the software owner
- Terms and conditions of the agreement
- Mutually agreed clauses of the agreement
- Termination of the agreement
- Results of violation of the agreement
- Validation and limitations of the agreement
- Signature of both parties i.e. owner and licensee
Free Vendor Oriented Software License Agreement Templates
Download all these Free Vendor Oriented Software License Agreement Templates. These templates that can easily help you to prepare your own Software License Agreement effectively.